Introduction to Acme Credit Service
The company’s goal is to offer you outstanding service on your outstanding accounts.
- In business since 1961.
- The percentage of dollars they recover is significantly over the national average for collection agencies.
- Contingency recovery – No upfront cost. Only a fee as a result of recovery.
- Letters, phone calls, and the legal system are all used as part of the recovery process.
- They advance court costs and retain counsel on your behalf if conventional recovery is not successful.
- Money recovered is paid to you monthly.
Check the Alert
They do more than just recover “bounced” checks.
- Merchants receive 100% of the face value of recovered checks.
- They work to find the most cost-effective ways to accept checks.
- All checks listed are put on verification to stop check writers at other Merchants using Verification, Guarantee or Conversion.
- Phone, letters, skip tracing, internet, and legal processing all part of the recovery process.
- In addition to check recovery, they offer services to help prevent check fraud. They can save your business the time and hassle with these “Check the Alert” services, listed below.
- They have one of the largest National databases used for verification service.
- Verification can reduce the number of returned checks by over 50%.
- The system tracks the check writer for the number of checks and dollars written at all similar types businesses on a daily and multiple daily basis and notifies Merchant when agreed to limits are exceeded.
- The system identifies check writers new to the system, including low check numbered accounts.
- The program is easily understood by the Associates.
- Limited identification information required on the regular customers.
- Checks verified as part of the guarantee.
- Prompt Point of sale check out.
- Routine settlement of account.
- A check is put through the reader, voided, and returned to the check writer.
- The transaction has been changed into an electronic transaction, eliminating the paper check.
- The customer signs a paper receipt.
- A Batch Report is run like Credit Cards at the end of the day.
- The checking account is drafted overnight.
- Daily deposit of checks at the bank is eliminated and the associated bank fees.
- Compensating balance account at ‘deposit banks’ is no longer required for returned checks.
- Check returned dishonored as Not Sufficient Funds (NSF) are consolidated into a batch file.
- The batch file is transmitted to a processor to be represented against check writers account electronically overnight.
- Based on a timely presentation, over 50% of screened checks will clear.
- The process is faster, provides better control and can be cost effective versus paper representation of the check.
- Checks are processed similarly to a paper lockbox program.
- Checks are converted to an electronic transaction, eliminating multiple handling of paper checks.
- Funds are available overnight.
- Dishonored checks are identified in hours not days.
- Lockbox service is available to companies which might not otherwise qualify for lockbox or find it cost effective.
- Beneficial to merchants with multiple locations.
- Checks are deposited at the bank as is currently done.
- Checks returned dishonored are sent to ‘consolidated return’ bank rather than to the bank, where they were deposited.
- The Consolidated Return bank charges a lower fee for returned checks.
- Consolidated Return Bank forwards checks to us for recovery.
Acme Credit Service Contact Details
Address: 1124 S.8th Street
Springfield, IL 62703
Phone: (217) 241-4400
Fax: (217) 241-4418
Customer Reviews of Acme Credit Service
Read the below mentioned BBB review in which the customer expresses rudeness about the company’s attitude by not being asked a security question, but directly name. The comments from the business show adamant conduct on the part of the company as being so-called business constrained:
Harassment by Acme Credit Service
Consumer collection agencies may take help from deceptive, false, or misleading statements when it comes to collecting a debt, This includes:
- False implementation of the fact that they are government representatives or attorneys;
- Misrepresentation of the character, legal status, or amount of your debt or service or compensation that you may get for the outstanding debt collection;
- False representation or implementation that of a sale, referral, or other transfer of any interest in the debt will cause you to lose any claim or defense to payment of the debt or become subject to any prohibited practice;
- Implying that you have committed an offense;
- Communicating or threatening to communicate bogus credit information;
- Forwarding you anything that looks like an official document from a government agency or a court when it is not;
- Using trickery for your debt collection or get your information;
- Failing to clearly inform you that any information obtained will be used towards the collection of your debt;
- Implying that accounts have been turned over to innocent buyers for value;
- Implying that the sent papers are legal forms when they are not, or otherwise;
- Using any name other than the true name of their business, company or organization; or
- Falsely representing that they operate or work for a credit bureau.
Consumer collection agencies may also state that:
- You will be imprisoned upon unpaid debt;
- They will seize, garnish, attach, or sell your property or wages, unless the collection agency or creditor intends to do so and it is legal to do so; or
- Actions, such as a lawsuit, will be taken against you, when such actions legally may not be taken, or when they do not intend to take such action.
How to Handle Acme Credit Service?
Here are some easy tips on how to tackle the situation, where you are being illegally harassed by a debt collector:
- You are Not Alone: According to the CFPB, 30 million consumers are contacted by a debt collector.
- Know Your Rights: Consumers have important rights under federal and state law, and deserve to be treated respectfully. By law, consumers cannot be harassed, threatened or be subjected to profanity and vulgar language.
- Communicate: Avoiding a letter or call won’t make the debt disappear. The reason for the contact cannot be resolved without the ability to communicate; whether it’s to pay an owed debt, verify an alleged debt or confirm that the debt collector has reached the wrong person.
- Identify: Debt collectors cannot call anonymously nor present themselves as being a representative of a government entity. When contacted, collectors must identify themselves and the name of the collection agency, they represent.
- Notify the Collection Agency if you Dispute the Validity of the Debt: By law, the collector must inform you of your right to dispute the debt and provide written verification if you dispute it in writing.
- Seek to Work out Complaints with the Collection Agency: Third-party debt collectors sincerely want to work with consumers to resolve complaints. According to the Council of Better Business Bureaus, in 2012 collection agencies resolved 86 percent of the consumer complaints received.
- Protect Your Identity: Do not provide sensitive personal information (e.g., Social Security number, credit card numbers, and bank accounts) until certain of the authenticity of the debt and the person seeking to collect. Check out whether the collector is a legitimate agency by using the Internet to search the company. Monitor all the accounts and immediately report any suspicious purchases to your bank or credit card provider. Consumers should also monitor their credit report. If you believe your identity has been stolen, contact your local police department and visit www.ftc.gov/idtheft for information on what you should do.
How Can Debt Academy Help You?
In general, Debt Academy offers you help to eradicate debts that are unwanted or unmanageable, like the credit card bills as well as medical expenses. For the purpose of diminishing your debt, Debt Academy will negotiate with your money lenders for doing any of the below mentioned:
- Lowering your disbursements
- Diminishing outstanding balances
- Elimination of late fees or penalty charges
Debt Academy offers services double as any other credit counseling agencies. That has the implication of Debt Academy offering financial education services, like instructing you about budgeting, cash management, as well as proper usage of credit and debt.