They are a collection agency that operates out of St. Charles, Missouri. They receive a lot of complaints about their way of collecting debts. They may contact you so that they can collect debts belonging to the following industries:
- Real estate
- Financial services
This collection agency is located in St. Charles, Missouri and was founded in 1987. They collect debts from all over the country with the staff members counting to around 955. Client Services Incorporation has been accused of violating the fair debt collection practices act (FDCPA) during their attempt to collect debts. This is recorded in a file which has been stored at the Public Access Court Election Records (PACER).
This organization has made it illegal for debt collectors to use unfair, vulgar and even unethical means while collecting debts. The Fair Debt Collection Practice Act (FDCPA) was established in 1977 to prevent the abuses to the third party debt collectors. The restricted actions include:
- Bad timing when contacting the debtors. For instance, calling during inappropriate times (before 8.00 AM and after 9.00 PM).
- Being contacted even after sending a cease and desist letter or given advice that you are represented by a lawyer regarding the debt.
- Using vulgar and foul language.
- Threats to legal actions that they are not in a position to take or have no aim of taking.
- Arrest threats, if the debt is not cleared.
- Exposure to your colleagues about your debts or even informing those who are not involved
Some of the agencies brush off fair debt collection practice act decrees.
Analysis of Client Services Incorporation
Client services incorporation reports client’s debts to the credit reporting agencies and does not buy or sell consumer debts.
The United States CFPB database shows around 42 issues of complaints about CSI which were received between August 2013 and July 2014. The complaints made by consumers about the Client Services Incorporation representative are:
- A lot of phone calls and repeated ones
- Attempting to collect more dues that the consumer did not owe
- Leaking consumer’s information to the third parties
- Denied information provision to enable consumers verify the debt
- Scare law firms
- Alerting the consumer’s boss about the alleged debt even after being asked not to
The BBB said that it has closed 80+ complaints about Client Services Incorporation in the last three years, which included 30+ in the previous one year. These included:
- Complaints about billing/collection issues
- Complaints about problems with product/service
A review from one of the debtor on BBB about Client Services Incorporation is as follows:
Some of the persons shared their experience in Google review about the dealing of this agency.
Client Services, Inc Contact information:
3451 Harry S. Truman Blvd.
St. Charles, Mo. 63301
Dealing with CSI
We at the Debt Academy can help if you believe that Client Services Incorporation has been harassing you in the name of collecting debts.
Contact us today to set up a free legal consultation, as we can review your case and explain your legal options for filing a harassment claim. Debt collection agencies such as CSI may use actions that are both questionable and that are not law abiding, such as calling you frequently so as to annoy you, giving you threats, lying to you and talking to you offensively when trying to collect the debt.
The agencies like Client Services Incorporation can call you all hours of the day knowing very well that you are not supposed to be contacted before 8.00 AM or even after 9.00 PM.
CSI is not either way allowed to contact uninvolved people, including your family, friends or even your employer and uncover that you owe a debt.
Keeping records of all contact with Client Services Incorporation is important. Also, keep notes of calls, times, dates, and discussions, and keep copies of all letters that you send or receive.
Hire Debt academy and Stop Collection Abuse